[unisog] mirage counterpoint

Dean De Beer ddb at plazacollege.edu
Fri Jun 17 15:51:22 GMT 2005

Hi Mark,

We have not looked at Mirage Network's product yet but we have been
evaluating others that do behavioral based anomoly detection.
Lancope's Stealthwatch is one but it get's pretty expensive the more
locations you monitor and whether or not you require gigabit copper or fiber
connectivity. Radware's DefensePro is also an option. Currently they use
signatures to do intrusion prevention but are adding a behavioral based
option to the appliance. We have a demo unit arriving in a few weeks. Based
on the online demos I have seen I personally prefer the Radware product.

Kind Regards,

Dean