[unisog] Scanorama released

Asbjørn Prøis a.l.prois at usit.uio.no
Fri Jun 24 09:24:09 GMT 2005

Hello everyone.
Some time ago there was a discussion about local servers, banner grabbing
and so on, which ended with a promise to some of you that we would release
our (University of Oslo) system at sourceforge.

It took some time before the project site was approved and ready for use,
and meanwhile we cleaned up some code and made it universal (very much was
hard coded for our use), and started writing the documentation.

We think now it should be ok for others to use, but "it comes as it is"..

By releasing it we hope others will join this project, helping us with
finding bugs, get new ideas etc. So those of you that might be interested
please drop an email at scanorama at usit.uio.no.

Project url is http://scanorama.sourceforge.net
Documentation is included in the tarball, and is not yet published at
project site.

Good luck, and we're looking forward to getting some feedback from you.

Regards,

Asbjørn Prøis
University of Oslo