[unisog] Keyboard sniffers

James J. Barlow jbarlow at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon May 2 18:57:54 GMT 2005

We have all seen some of the recent news articles of security compromises
at banks and such using hardware keyboard sniffers.  I was wondering if
there were any programs or kernel modules (linux and/or windows) that detects
when a keyboard is unplugged and will then log something to syslog or the
system/security event viewer?

Thanks in advance.

--
James J. Barlow   <jbarlow at ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Head of Security Operations and Incident Response