[unisog] Keyboard sniffers

Brandon Enright bmenrigh at ucsd.edu
Mon May 2 20:21:12 GMT 2005

Unfortunately the AT-PS/2 interface is a non-plug-n-play legacy interface so you
aren't going to be able to receive a signal notifying you of the device being
unplugged or plugged in.  One way to accomplish the detection would be to send
periodic commands to the keyboard and wait for the acknowledgement.

Something like "Set Typematic Rate/Delay" should do.

The following description of the spec should get you a long way towards writing
your own module:
http://panda.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~achapwes/PICmicro/keyboard/atkeyboard.html

--Brandon

Brandon Enright