[unisog] Keyboard sniffers

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at oit.gatech.edu
Mon May 2 23:19:01 GMT 2005

I personally am fond of the locking cases which keep all the cables
bundled behind some form of protection.  An example is the Dell
Optiplex
(http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/optix_sx
280?c=us&cs=RC956904&l=en&s=hied), with the rear cable cover, and a
padlock.  We use these in a few labs around campus, and with
everything plugged in and locked down, it makes it a bit more
difficult to unplug the keyboard.  Although the question becomes can
a key logger be plugged INTO the usb hub ports on USB keyboards, and
intercept the keyboard signals?  I'll have to dig through the USB
specs to see how the bus handles communications.

Just my $0.02 US.

Jonathan Glass
Information Security Engineer III
Georgia Institute of Technology