[unisog] Any Canadian Universities on here ?

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Wed May 4 09:51:37 GMT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:22:39PM -0400, Paul Ryan wrote:

> perfect - I'm compiling a list of schools that may be serviced by Rogers ...

Good.  A good number of our users have Rogers
service at home.  We've been wondering what
is going on.. in particular, with port 25.

We have a home-brewed method of authentication for SMTP
(tied in with our POP/IMAP servers).  Rogers users are the
main users of it, and it SEEMS like rogers is starting to/thinking of
blocking port 25.  We end up supporting their mail client
configuration, so that they can use their university addreses
from home.

--
Pete Hickey                                       /~\  The ASCII
The University of Ottawa                          \ /  Ribbon Campaign