[unisog] Server based scan for student computers

scott hollatz shollatz at d.umn.edu
Fri May 13 21:22:31 GMT 2005

> > Can some of you who do this tell me what your using?
>
> NetReg is one of the more popular open-source ways of going about that :
>
> http://www.net.cmu.edu/netreg/

We've been using a modified NetReg to quarantine systems not passing a
Nessus scan (of several vulnerabilites, not all Nessus knows of).

This has been working fine in the reshalls and we've been slowly deploying
across campus.

A Nessus hook is also in our wireless authentication gateway (also used for
public etherjacks) but is not yet in production (has been ready for a few
years, but no cycles available for rollout...).

--
scott hollatz                                        net shollatz at d.UMn.eDu
information technology systems and services          tel +1 218 726 8851