[unisog] Network security police no hubs/switches/routers?

Vijay S Sarvepalli VSSARVEP VSSARVEP at uncg.edu
Mon May 23 13:29:19 GMT 2005

We have just spelled out some policies that no hubs/routers are to be
connected to the network.  There seems to be  a lot of
resistance for this policy.  I know the technical reasons for not allowing
this, but anybody have a lay man explanation in their policy
about "Why hubs/routers are not allowed on the campus network?"

If you have one please do share.  If you have a strong network security
that limits what type of devices attach to the network, again
in non technical terms please do share this as well.

Thanks
Vijay