[unisog] Network security police no hubs/switches/routers?

BACHAND, Dave (Info. Tech. Services) BachandD at easternct.edu
Mon May 23 19:07:02 GMT 2005

One issue we've seen is that many of the newer switches have a feature
called auto MDX.  In effect it adds cross-over ability to the port
negotiation process.  When a student does something swift, like plug a
cable into two ports, it can result in a considerable broadcast storm.

Dave Bachand
Data Network Manager
Information Technology Services
Eastern Connecticut State University