[unisog] Network security police no hubs/switches/routers?

Ray Strubinger rays at phhp.ufl.edu
Mon May 23 21:28:36 GMT 2005

>>> VSSARVEP at uncg.edu 5/23/2005 9:29:19 AM >>>
We have just spelled out some policies that no hubs/routers are to be
connected to the network.  There seems to be  a lot of
resistance for this policy.  I know the technical reasons for not allowing
this, but anybody have a lay man explanation in their policy
about "Why hubs/routers are not allowed on the campus network?"

Security concerns aside, the business case for why we don't allow hubs/routers is due to a cost recovery model used to support the network.

-Ray