[unisog] Wireless IDS Options

Dean De Beer ddb at plazacollege.edu
Thu May 26 21:24:06 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I was wondering what solutions/products everyone is using to monitor
wireless traffic? Currently we are not looking at the traffic until it
arrives on the the switch the AP is connected to. We have snort sensors
monitoring this traffic and are testing Radware's Defense Pro. We use
Bluesocket's wireless gateways to manage logins via RADIUS, VLANS, etc...
And have been looking at their intrusion prevention product Bluesecure as a
solution for monitoring wireless traffic. It seems very similar to RFProtect
but has the added advantage of easy intergration with the wireless gateway.
Is anyone using open source products like Kismet at all?

Cheers,

Dean

Dean De Beer
Manager, I.T