[unisog] PGP and S/MIME

Hokan unisog at hokan.org
Thu Nov 3 05:36:15 GMT 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 05:16:01PM -0500, Christensen, Eric wrote:
> Has anyone done a serious rollout of secure e-mail?  I've been trying to get
> folks to use S/MIME certificates (like Thawte) but not everyone sees the
> benefits.  I was testing out PGP for the last few days but it really taxed
> my computer (using PGP Desktop).  I see that at least one person on this
> list is using PGP.  Anyone else?  Opinions?

A problem with encrypted email that particularly concerns me is that the
typical end-user can not tell for sure that an email they are sending is
going to be encrypted.  The only sure solution that I can see is the use
of a seperate email client dedicated to processing encrypted email. I am
not aware that such a program exists.