[unisog] Question about billing software (somewhat OT)

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Thu Nov 3 21:14:21 GMT 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 03:03:26PM -0600, sargon wrote:

> What packages are other schools using for billing purposes?

Look to your telephone people.  See what they are using for
their billing, and see if they can add your stuff to their
routines.  We are in the process of upgrading our telephone
billing software, and one of the requirements we had, was
to be able to bill for networking as well.. installation,
monthly charges, etc.

Heck, with this, argus (or the like), and BGP tables, you
could even charge them for the distance each packet has to
travel...

--
Pete Hickey                                       /~\  The ASCII
The University of Ottawa                          \ /  Ribbon Campaign