[unisog] network camera security/authentication

Youngquist, Jason R. jryoungquist at ccis.edu
Wed Nov 9 16:28:05 GMT 2005

Our library is looking at deploying a couple IP-based network cameras to
monitor the front desk and a classroom.  During winter/spring/summer
breaks the front desk isn't staffed, so they would like to be able to
see if someone comes to the desk to check something out or needs help.

I'm looking for a camera designed with security in mind.  Ideally, the
library staff would be able to login to the IP camera with their LDAP
credentials, but I haven't been able to find a camera which supports
LDAP authentication.  They seem to only support a local authentication
database.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Jason Youngquist
jryoungquist at ccis.edu