[unisog] network camera security/authentication

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Nov 9 17:24:26 GMT 2005

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:28:05 CST, "Youngquist, Jason R." said:

> I'm looking for a camera designed with security in mind.  Ideally, the
> library staff would be able to login to the IP camera with their LDAP
> credentials, but I haven't been able to find a camera which supports
> LDAP authentication.  They seem to only support a local authentication
> database.

Have you considered a small app running on another system that logs in with
local authentication to pull the current image and log it to wherever you log
such stuff (you *are* keeping a log, right?), and then have the library staff
login via LDAP to another application that serves up the last image?