[unisog] network camera security/authentication

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Wed Nov 9 18:00:46 GMT 2005

> I'm looking for a camera designed with security in mind.  Ideally, the
> library staff would be able to login to the IP camera with their LDAP
> credentials, but I haven't been able to find a camera which supports
> LDAP authentication.  They seem to only support a local authentication
> database.

Not exactly "plug-and-play" but offers a lot more features that might be
helpful (eg: ability to cause an event when motion occurs in a certian
part of frame)

http://www.zoneminder.com/

Open source. Runs on Linux and supports a bunch of IP or hardwired
cameras. You could rig the authentication however you wanted via the
webserver component.

Regards,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University