[unisog] S/MIME Key Management

Nick Lewis lewisnic at acm.org
Thu Nov 10 23:08:57 GMT 2005

Chris,

I was involved in setting up the CA to support the InCommon Federation
(operated by Internet2). You may want to look at the CA docs that we put
online at:

http://www.incommonfederation.org/technical.cfm

There is an offline CA and a webpage for users to submit CSRs.

Please note, the level of assurance is fairly low (probably rudimentary),
but should easily scale to higher levels of assurance depending on your
requirements.

You may also want to look at the HEPKI-TAG web pages as they have several
documents about operating a CA that might be helpful.

http://middleware.internet2.edu/hepki-tag/

Hope that helps,

Nick