[unisog] Network Acces systems?

Information Security mynetsec at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 18:33:47 GMT 2005

Check www.nevisnetworks.com (LAN Enforcer)

Regards,
Sandip

-----Original Message-----
From: unisog-bounces at lists.sans.org [mailto:unisog-bounces at lists.sans.org]
On Behalf Of Matt Ashfield
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 1:26 AM
To: 'UNIversity Security Operations Group'
Subject: [unisog] Network Acces systems?

Hi

We're in the process of researching our options as far as Network Access
systems go. Specifically, products like Bradford Campus Manager,
StillSecure, Sygate, Cisco CleanAccess (although we're not a cisco shop, so
probably not) or other varations.

We're looking for a system that can clean/scrub/quarantine bad machines and
do such a check on a regular basis. If it could be coupled with some form of
authentication, that would be bonus.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with these
products on their campus, and if so, what have been the results so far.

Thanks,

Matt Ashfield
mda at unb.ca