[unisog] Cisco 2950 protected ports in residential halls

Stejerean, Cosmin cosmin at cti.depaul.edu
Tue Nov 22 06:56:53 GMT 2005

The question to consider is whether or not by doing this you are
interfering with legitimate school related uses. Granted that you will
stop things like P2P between the students but this might not be the best
way. The ideal solution should be to make it clear to the users what is
and is not allowed on the network and then hold people accountable when
they violate your policy. This will increase the security of the network
without having to resort to extreme measures.

Regards,

Cosmin Stejerean