[unisog] Cisco 2950 protected ports in residential halls

PaulFM paulfm at me.umn.edu
Tue Nov 22 14:12:28 GMT 2005

"Login Script" is read from the machine that provides authentication of the
user into their own machine.  To use this feature, you would have to add the
user's machines to the Domain.   The danger - you would have to expose your
domain controller to attacks by user machines (File and print sharing has to
be open or the Login Script feature won't work).

Has anyone used "switchport protected" on ports connected to Wireless Access
points.  Does it interfere with handoff from one access point to the next in
any way?