[unisog] Auto AV Notification ( was Re: New virus)

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Thu Nov 24 21:17:03 GMT 2005

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 01:42:05PM -0600, Bill Martin wrote:
> Paul,
>

> Seriously though, I find it amazing how many supposed educated
> admins believe they are doing people a service by sending a bounce
> to the alleged sender indicating that they sent a virus.

I argue with people here, who think we should do it.  It's old
style thinking.  Remember back in the days, when viruses would
attach themselves to valid emails (and boot sectors of floppy disks..)
Or a bit later, when worms would send out mail without forging
the from.  Back then, that was useful thinking.

> Additionally, being in the industry for some time, I always
> find something new to learn daily.

Uhhh. No comment.

--
Pete Hickey                                       /~\  The ASCII
The University of Ottawa                          \ /  Ribbon Campaign