[unisog] Your opinion on your AntiVirus product?

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Mon Nov 28 16:00:36 GMT 2005

> We are looking to replace our current Trend Micro product suite, which
> is why I'm soliciting your opinions.

We use McAfee Enterprise with their ePO server to manage policy.

We use Kaspersky on our inbound mail appliance (Mailfrontier -- highly
reccomended btw...) -- but only because it was *much* cheaper than
getting McAfee for that.

Both are very reliable and come out with pattern files in a reasonable
amount of time. Sending an unknown into McAfee usually gets you a
extra.dat file in under an hour.

There are some thing McAfee can't remove without booting into safe mode
though ...

My $0.02.

Regards,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA