[unisog] Your opinion on your AntiVirus product?

Michael Schooley michael.schooley at emory.edu
Mon Nov 28 16:13:14 GMT 2005

We use Symantec. The newest version 10 is a very good product. It has anti
tampering and anti spyware built in. We use central management and are very
pleased with the latest version. We also use a feature called rapid release
updates which allows us to push out definitions as often as we like.
Currently we have it set for every three hours and have experienced problems
with false positives, but not annoying enough to have peace of mind that we
are ready for the next sober like outbreak where multiple versions of the
same virus are released in one day. We never considered performance issues
and I just looked at my system and there are 6 processes taking about 50mb.
There is a patch for version 10 and a registry fix for disabling an
autoscan, but overall we are happy with it because of the anti tampering,
anti spyware, central management features, and most importantly rapid
release definitions. Hope that helps and happy hunting.

Mike Schooley

Emory University