[unisog] Anti-virus/Anti-spam appliances

Dennis Bohn BOHN at adelphi.edu
Tue Nov 29 16:07:55 GMT 2005

Hello:
Someone recently mentioned Mail Frontier as an anti-virus, anti-spam appliance for incoming email.  We are looking into these appliances, and Mirapoint seemed good, but the annual recurring cost is fairly high.  (About half of that recurring cost is for Sophos.)  Does anyone have any other products that they can recommend?  We currently are using spamassassin and clamAV which together are putting a good deal of overhead on our gateway, and management is somewhat time-consuming.

We are also looking into GWGuardian (which now works with sendmail,as well as Groupwise.)

Also, thanks to everyone for the generosity of information in the postings.

Best,
dennis bohn

Dennis Bohn,
Manager of Network Systems