[unisog] Anti-virus/Anti-spam appliances

Ben Beuchler ben_beuchler at mcad.edu
Tue Nov 29 22:27:27 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 11:07:55AM -0500, Dennis Bohn wrote:

> Someone recently mentioned Mail Frontier as an anti-virus, anti-spam
> appliance for incoming email.  We are looking into these appliances, and
> Mirapoint seemed good, but the annual recurring cost is fairly high.
> (About half of that recurring cost is for Sophos.)  Does anyone have any
> other products that they can recommend?

Not five minutes ago one of the admins leaned into my office to tell me
how much our Barracuda rocks.

Inexpensive, extremely effective, and integrates seamlessly with our LDAP
backend.

-Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                         Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Network Administrator                                ben_beuchler at mcad.edu