[unisog] Anti-virus/Anti-spam appliances

Eric Cartman eric at uwo.ca
Tue Nov 29 22:36:33 GMT 2005

We were in the same boat here. We looked at Meridius, Postini, Ironmail,
Trend, Mirapoint, Sophos, Barracuda and CanIt-PRO.

We adopted CanIt-PRO for several reasons. The price is very competitive,
the user interface offers flexibility, provisioning is virtually automatic
and respects our current method of authentication, and the technology is
more or less known. Roaring Penguin offers it as a software package or as
an appliance.

We are currently using Trend's IMSS  for the anti-virus stuff.

-e