[unisog] Off Topic

Bill Martin bmartin at luc.edu
Tue Oct 4 13:30:38 GMT 2005

Sorry for the late response...

It seems HotMail made some changes last week with their code that resulted in intermittent problems for a number of people behind caching servers.

While we worked frantically to identify the problem, and basically had not made any changed prior to or after the initial discovery, it all of a sudden started to "automagically" started working.

Symptoms:
While trying to access hotmail, their code ships you off to their password authentication which then shuffled you off to yes another third server pool.  The jump to the last pool, actually their code on the last pool failed to prompt for authentication, resulting in either a 501, or 504 errors . . .

Thanks none the less everyone

^5 for Hotmail . . . :-P
>>> stauffacher at chapman.edu 09/27/05 11:47 AM >>>
Bill,