[unisog] eDonkey DMCA complaints

Kevin Schmidt kps at ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 4 15:08:02 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 08:01 am, Brian Eckman wrote:
> Are they all from MediaSentry? I suspect that might be the common
> denominator as opposed to eDonkey. There's a lot of history behind my
> assumption if you check the archives and/or Google it.

Yes, the common elements in the erroneous complaints are the eDonkey protocol
and MediaSentry as the sending party.  The complaints have been on behalf of
two different copyright holders.  I'm aware of another bogus complaint to a
different UC campus, too.

--
Kevin Schmidt
Office of Information Technology