[unisog] Security Staffing

McLaughlin, Bryan bmclaughlin at creighton.edu
Fri Oct 7 16:44:19 GMT 2005

I am in the process of writing a justification to increase the
University's security department; can others share the size of their
information security departments?

            -How many F/T staff are dedicated to security

            -What roles assigned to the staff

            -What is the size (enrollment) of your University

            -Does your University have a teaching hospital, school of
medicine, etc.

            -How many network devices does this department support

For Creighton University I can answer the above questions as:

            -Creighton currently manages security with a staff of one.

            -The current staff (myself) is responsible for network,
application, user awareness, HIPAA, FERPA, GLBA, etc

            -Creighton's enrollment is just under 7000 students

            -Creighton does have a teaching hospital that supports the
school of medicine, nursing, pharmacy, and dental

            -Creighton currently supports approx. 24,000 registered
network devices.

Thanks,

Bryan McLaughlin

ISO