[unisog] AOL and forwarding

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Oct 7 17:52:35 GMT 2005

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:31:38 PDT, Karyn Williams said:

> How do you configure sendmail to not forward to a specific list of domains.
> The only option I have seen is to simply ignore .forward files altogether.

#!/bin/sh
# The following line really should be built up from the 'O Forwardpath='
# line in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf, but I'm too lazy to figure out how to
# do expansions of Sendmail macros like $w and $w right now....
for i in /*/.forward do;
	grep -vi aol.com < $i > $i.bak && mv $i.bak $i
done

If your site is big enough that you have a separate mail server, and users
don't have actual logins on the server, but just POP/IMAP their mail off and
use a web interface to set forwarding/etc, just fix the web interface to
not allow them to set a forward to AOL.....