[unisog] AOL and forwarding

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Mon Oct 10 13:24:54 GMT 2005

--On Friday, October 7, 2005 15:59 -0400 Harry Hoffman
<hhoffman at ip-solutions.net> wrote:

> We're currently going through the same thing... we forward *all* mail
> for some users to their aol accounts and have been blocked from sending
> any more.
>
> The volume of traffic was not significant (~ 2000 emails) before this
> started happening.
>
> As far as I can tell there are two options, stop forwarding to AOL
> (which is currently on the table), or get AOL to whitelist your smtp
> servers (which we are in the process of doing)
> http://postmaster.info.aol.com/   (look for setup whitelist)
>
> HTH,
> Harry

We did the whitelist option a long time ago, but if the AOL forwardees
keep reporting forwarded mail as spam, it does not seem to matter.

I'm proposing option 1.  I'm tired of all the notices.  They get no
more spam than our own users do.

Joseph Brennan