[unisog] eDonkey DMCA complaints

Stephen D. Franklin franklin at uci.edu
Mon Oct 10 20:50:17 GMT 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 09:12 AM, david l goodrich <dlg at dorkzilla.org> wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Mike Iglesias wrote:
>>
>> Ours was from "ESADMCAEnforcement <dmca at theesa.com>" not
>> MediaSentry, but
>> it was for eDonkey and the IP was a router on campus.
>
> sorry to come late to the game like this, but ... does anybody think
> an email with a From: looking like that looks an awful lot like
> randomly generated mumble from a spam?
>
> how many of these things get junked by spam filters?
>    --david

Like other schools, we take these things very seriously.
Based on hand/eye checking of all "spam" our DMCA designated agent
e-mail address, I'm confident that we have never missed one.
Also, detecting allegations is relatively easy.

For both these reasons, I doubt there's much if any chance of them
being junked by spam filters.

-- sdf

Stephen D. Franklin
Network & Academic Computing Services