[unisog] zotob variant?

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Oct 13 16:43:37 GMT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:25:12 EDT, Gary Flynn said:

> I'm running across an unknown piece of malware almost
> once a week. More often if I look for it.

And it isn't like Gary has a *huge* pool of machines to find malware on.
If he's finding that much new stuff in his little corner of the net, one
has to wonder how much *more* stuff is to be found on the networks of some
of the larger cablemodem providers (although of course, *most* will eventually
find their way to Gary's net as well).  Though if once a week, new stuff is
dropping itself on Gary's net before the anti-floopware(*) vendors have gotten
an ID for it yet, there's something wrong....

The phrase "not scalable" comes to mind.  Or as Dr Phil says: "And how's that
working out for you?".

(*) anti-things-that-go-bump-in-the-night-ware is too long to type. ;)