[unisog] Novell and the Mac

Edgecombe, Jason jwedgeco at email.uncc.edu
Mon Oct 24 17:19:57 GMT 2005

Hi,

We're using the Prosoft client on our campus. I don't think that the
prosoft client can integrate with the Mac login. It does Novell
authentication and drive mapping, but only after logging in locally. The
user must still have a local/LDAP login to the Mac box.

I've tried to run the client from the command line, but there is only a
gui. I can't automate it.

Our Apple rep confirmed this was the case with prosoft. He recommended
something called konaka(sp?). You still need Native File Access on
Novell, but Konaka is supposed to simplify the mountings.

Jason Edgecombe
TST Web Developer
Dean's Office, College of Arts & Sciences
UNC-Charlotte
Phone: (704) 687-4686