[unisog] OT - e-mail for students

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Sep 2 20:59:02 GMT 2005

	We are around 20,000 FTE (some 45,000 accounts total) and have shell
access for sensible people to read mail, as well as POP, IMAP and webmail
(which I think sucks the big one). The students overwhelmingly vote for web
mail (staff are more usually POP on their desktop machine).Our mail team (and
in fact most of our support staff) are off helping the mail person move and
troubleshoot major mail problems by cellphone from the moving truck today but
once they calm down from that I'll see it they would like to comment :-). I
think we have been making local mods to a perl based web mail package.