[unisog] DNS troubles

Chris Green cmgreen at uab.edu
Fri Sep 16 14:35:02 GMT 2005

9/7 I ran into a DNS server pointing to:

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.frsirt.com.                        IN      A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
com.                    2902    IN      SOA     ns1.hi2000.net.
hostmaster.hi2000.net. 2003042300 28800 14400 3600000 86400

Which was pointed as a problem in 2001 by a few folks:

http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.unix.bind-users/browse_frm/thread/f70
8f718d8c4b744/a51f5ed7611b2ecc?lnk=st&q=bind++hi2000.net&rnum=1

I've noticed that DNS lookups are taking longer than usual at times, though
I've just attributed that to local oddities and not a wider pattern.

--
Chris Green
UAB Data Security, 5-0842