[unisog] Intelligent Patch Panels

PaulFM paulfm at me.umn.edu
Tue Sep 20 13:49:09 GMT 2005

It may be this technology never took off due to expense.

It may actually be cheaper to put enough managed switches in your closet to
handle all the possible connections and have them all connected.  Then when
you need to enable a port or change the subnet - you just log into the switch
and make the changes.