[unisog] XP silently configuring ad-hoc wifi networks

Christopher Chow c-chow at md.northwestern.edu
Fri Sep 23 15:57:06 GMT 2005

check out the posting at SANS-ISC that may relate (it refers to AP
networks, but who knows the activity of this yet to be identified
pathogen -- could be also making its own adhoc networks to spread under
the radar and avoid IDS systems

http://isc.sans.org/

about 3/4 of the way down the page under the heading "Wi-Fi Worm Rumors"

speculation as of yet. they are awaiting packet captures and binaries.
might be a good idea to contact a handler if this seems rampant on your
campus.

Christopher Chow
c-chow at md.northwestern.edu