[unisog] Anyone doing 802.1x campus wide? (no just wireless)

Matt Ashfield mda at unb.ca
Tue Sep 27 17:33:46 GMT 2005

Hi All

We're beginning to take an initial look at 802.1x and the
implications/advantages/requirements of deploying it across campus. I know
several people are using it on their wireless networks, but I'm wondering if
anyone out there is using it as a campus-wide authentication method? If so I
have many questions, but some would be:
Are you using username/password authentication, certificates, etc?
What are you using for client side software?
Problems with hubs and other ways users "extend" the network?
Any other info you could provide is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt Ashfield
Network Analyst
Integrated Technology Services