[unisog] Contract Boilerplace

David Lundy dlundy at pacific.edu
Mon Apr 3 23:05:18 GMT 2006

Hello all,
     I am now supposed to review new IT contracts.   I'd like to make
sure contracts have appropriate clauses for protecting our data
(privacy, ownership, appropriate use, return, etc.) in various
situations such as ASP and contracted maintence.  Does anyone have
sample provisions that they apply as appropriate to IT contracts for
their school?

David Lundy

----
David Lundy
Acting IT Security Officer
University of the Pacific
Stockton, CA 95211
Email: dlundy at pacific.edu
Voice: 209-946-3951
Fax: 209-946-2898

>>> bsmithsweeney at nyu.edu 04/03/06 2:56 PM >>>
Hello all,

We have a campus-wide insurance policy for computers which protects
users from (among other things) losses due to theft.  This policy
comes
with a deductible, which according to our insurance provider is waived
if the user installs "tracking software". They recommend CrossingGuard
for the PC, and MacPhoneHome for the Mac, for this purpose.

I took a quick look at CrossingGuard and wasn't too happy with it, so
I'm looking at alternatives.  The obvious next choice for us is
PCPhone
Home, since our insurance provider is already familiar with
MacPhoneHome.

Has anyone had any experiences with PhoneHome or other tracking
software
they would like to share?

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Smith-Sweeney      Sr. Network Security Analyst
ITS Technology Security Services, New York University
bsmithsweeney at nyu.edu
http://www.nyu.edu/its/security