[unisog] Computer tracking software

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 4 15:32:45 GMT 2006

> Two of the questions I'm interested to get answered by
> PCPhoneHome are 1) do they keep a copies of those emails, and 2) can we
> reconfigure the software to use our servers.

It sends its mail to port 80 on the vendor's server.  That is normally
the http port.  This is pretty cool because the stolen PC could turn up
anywhere on the net, and no matter where it is, it is very likely that
it can send data to port 80.  Think of how many ISPs have restrictions
on sending to mail ports.

It can be configured to your own server though if you want.

Joseph Brennan