[unisog] SANS@Penn: Security 401 - SANS Security Essentials w/ Bootcamp, June 19-24, 2006

David Millar millar at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 5 18:02:36 GMT 2006

Greetings,

We still have plenty of space available for the SANS course described
below, and June is absolutely the best time of year to come to Philly -
the weather is beautiful, the hoagies, Tastykakes and soft pretzels are
at their freshest, and the Phillies haven't been mathematically
eliminated (yet).

And, of course, you just about can't beat a 75% discount on world-class
security training. Please feel free to email me directly at
lupton at isc.upenn.edu with any questions you have. We really need to
know by April 17 if you're coming.

Thanks,
David Millar
University Information Security Officer

Penn Information Security is pleased to announce that in conjunction
with the SANS Institute (www.sans.org) we will be offering the
following SANS course at our campus in Philadelphia:

SANS 401: SANS Security Essentials with Bootcamp
Dates: Monday, June 19 - Saturday, June 24, 2006
Location: Huntsman Hall, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Instructor: Eric Cole

A complete description of the course can be found on the SANS website
at:

http://www.sans.org/onsite/description.php?
tid=275&portal=959d3b5916609688d6dd3b117da8b2fc

Full details on our event at Penn, including online registration can be
found at:

http://www.upenn.edu/computing/security/sansatpenn/

This course carries special pricing for EDU, law enforcement and (now)
state/local government employees of $695.00 (US) for the course, with
the option to take the GIAC certification exam for the course at a
later date for an added fee of $325.00 (US).

Those interested in attending the course who do not qualify for the
EDU/law enforcement/state govt discount may also register for the
course, but must pay SANS' full catalog fee of $3,195.00 (US).

For questions or additional information regarding this event, please
feel free to contact me at lupton at isc.upenn.edu