[unisog] RSA SecurID with ESX

Sean Kelly smkelly at creighton.edu
Wed Apr 12 20:21:57 GMT 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:51:41PM -0400, Jenkins, Matthew wrote:
> Has anyone successfully gotten the SecurID Unix agent working with the
> ESX web login (vmware-authd)?  It seems to work fine with sshd; however,
> I can't seen to get it working with the ESX web console.  I also wasn't
> successful getting it working with local login.  It authenticates the
> user, however, the session immediately logs out after I attempt to login
> to the local console.  Thanks,

On a similar note, has anybody gotten SecurIDs to work with the `sudo`
command? We don't have them here, but I'd be interested to know whether it
actually works and how much pain, if any, is involved in setting it up.

A self-passwd+SecurID setup is much better than just a self-passwd setup.

Thanks.

--
Sean M. Kelly
Unix Systems Architect