[unisog] sypware control through black-hole DNS

BACHAND, Dave (Info. Tech. Services) BachandD at easternct.edu
Wed Feb 1 14:05:58 GMT 2006

Hello-

We haven't done this, but have blocked certain types of spyware via the
network.  Our experience is that some types of spyware hijack the
browser so efficiently that the student's computer becomes unusable if
you block the traffic... Seems to be it was I WON or 180 that did this.
Of course it DOES become a self limiting problem at that point :-)

Dave Bachand
Data Network Manager
Information Technology Services
Eastern Connecticut State University