[unisog] Recording IM conversations/mapping users to IM

McCoy, Carrie McCoyCa at missouri.edu
Wed Feb 8 17:04:14 GMT 2006

Michael,
We are currently looking at IM security products as well.  We're
approaching it from the worm angle rather than archiving though.  We
have IPS on our boundary also but it only has a few rules specific to IM
worms and we are interested in seeing how much IM worm traffic is being
generated between our security zones.  We have looked at the same
vendors as well as FaceTime Communications.

Carrie McCoy
Information Security & Account Management
IAT Services, University of Missouri - Columbia