[unisog] Recording IM conversations/mapping users to IM

John Stauffacher stauffacher at chapman.edu
Thu Feb 9 19:08:35 GMT 2006

Micheal,

I went down this road awhile ago and came up with 3 products:

Akonix: good -- but pricey and a bit of a challenge to install
Netscape/AOL IM Proxy: Only does AIM, VERY pricey (per seat -- no bulk),
very granular -- AD/LDAP aware -- I think the product is dead though.
FaceTime: Pretty good all around sollution, but more focused on blocking
than just recording. (they actually wrote most of the AOL/Netscape proxy)

--
John Stauffacher, CISSP
Network Administrator
stauffacher at chapman.edu
ph: 714.628.7249
The weak and nerdy are admired for their computer-programming abilities.

                -- Homer Simpson
                   Bart vs. Australia