[unisog] Windows Encrypted File System (EFS)

Stejerean, Cosmin cosmin at cti.depaul.edu
Fri Feb 10 18:42:27 GMT 2006

Cached credentials have their own set of problems which is why some
people choose to use local accounts when working off-site. EFS will work
without a problem even when using a domain account with cached
credentials. As long as you are willing to either put up with or work
around having to wait 2 minutes to log in (when Windows tries in vain to
contact the DC).

Regards,

Cosmin Stejerean