[unisog] Password Management or Vaults

Rob Whalen rwhalen at stmarys-ca.edu
Tue Feb 21 20:06:31 GMT 2006

Mayne, Jim wrote:

>We are looking into the feasibility and security of password management
>or vaulting software. Does anyone have any experiences and
>recommendations, especially across multiple operating systems and
>applications?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jim
>
>Jim Mayne
>Network Security Engineer
>Texas Christian University
>j.mayne at tcu.edu
>(817) 257-6843

Jim,
I think what you are looking for is Identity Manager 3 from Novell. It
will sync users between AD, eDirectory, Linux, and LDAP.
With a little tweaking it can sync passwords between all systems as
well. It also has rules for who is master and if, what and when objects
get synchronized. There is also a password policy and user self-service
password reset via a web page.
Rob Whalen, Network Analyst
St Mary's College of California