[unisog] Network Access Control

PaulFM paulfm at me.umn.edu
Thu Feb 23 22:50:40 GMT 2006

I have always disliked this sort of thing as you have now REQUIRED people to
install YOUR software on their computer - This makes you responsible for
anything that software does (Keep in mind that requiring can nullify any
disclaimer - and since software almost always has disclaimers that the
providers [software writers] are not responsible for any damage, YOU become
responsible and cannot disclaim your way out of it as YOU required the
software be installed).

Just remember all the trouble SONY got in with the Copyright protection
ROOTKIT on their CD's.

Also - what OSes will you be shutting out (nothing runs on everything)?