[unisog] Network Access Control

Mike Wiseman mike.wiseman at utoronto.ca
Fri Feb 24 15:21:43 GMT 2006

The support issue of a running program was also a concern when we worked on our in-house
NAC application - not privacy in particular, just device performance. It ended up being a
run-once utility that users run with admin priviledges. This model doesn't work for users
who connect to the University's network with 'locked down' laptops (no admin login
allowed), however. So an agent running as a Windows service is probably necessary to
provide complete NAC coverage.

Mike

Mike Wiseman
Computing and Networking Services